Thread: set of 4 wheels

Default set of 4 wheels

Geday guys, im looking to replace the original metric wheels and tyres on my 308 qv to a set of 16s and would like to keep the original look, I have emailed superformance in the uk a few times now regarding what they offer but so far have received no response, any ideas? also im thinking 225/50/16 tyres for the rear and 215/50/16 for the front?, im living in Sydney Australia
    Thanks for any help regarding this.
    Carl

Good luck. QV wheels are rare as hen's teeth these days. You just have to stay vigilant and keep looking. I saw a set of five for sale not to far from me a couple years ago for $1600US. I should have bought them at that price just to hold on to!

The Superformance ones are not bad at all. I had one for a while that I was going to use as a spare but found an OEM one instead. It looked 95% the real thing, though it was a little heavier.
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Thanks for your reply mate, superformance have finally emailed me back and they do have a set in stock that I will probably go for considering the rarety of the original items, now with the tyre size would you agree with 225/50/16 rear and 215/50/16 front or smaller? Once again thanks for your help mate.

The 215/50/16 fronts will be slightly different diameter than the 225/50/16 rears. I'd stick with the OEM 205/55/16 in the front.
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Here is a link to a good site where you can compare sizes. It gives you all of the dimensions and a nice visual.

Tire Size Calculator

That's a great site, kcabpilot, I've used it a lot!
    ― George Orwell, 1984

You can use 225/50/16 on the front just like the rear. This is what I did on my original 16” which made the car handle better due to wider front tire.

Here's the sizes i went with for the Kinesis rims. Just adding a data point.

225 / 50 / 17 and 255 / 40 / 17

If you have my Ferrari CD / thumbdrive i gave to the guys to distribute, the data is in the Kinesis folder. Just trying to help.

1.jpg

side1.jpg

side.jpg
    Enjoy the Drive,
    Steven
    2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, Fabspeed HJS cat DP & Mich PS4S.

I had a set of the Superformance wheels on my car for a few years and they were perfectly fine. I did have a vibration in one which went away when I installed the hub-centering rings (which they neglected to send me when I ordered the wheels.) So make sure you get those. There are details on a thread on fchat.
    Birdman308 for parts and tutorials!