Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What have you done with your car lately ?

Default What have you done with your car lately ?

hey guys, almost March and not much going on, what have you guys done with your cars lately?

I've replaced the boot rubber that seals the boot around the zip liner, got the exact rubber so I removed the old one - cut the one new to length (almost 4meters) and installed, probably the easiest DIY I've done so far in my 7 years of ownership.

came out nicely!

cheers
    Wolfman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great! It's those little things that can make us happy as owners!
    History always repeats itself,... that's one of the things that's wrong with history.

Wow - very nice - ashamed to say the only thing I've done is run mine through the car wash (Maserati CambioCorsa Coupe).

thanks

I bought the zip liner and then Radioman moved away before he helped me put it in. Now what do I do???
    Birdman308 for parts and tutorials!

Took it for a ride the other day to warm it up then I replaced the oil and filter. I Mobil 1in it, but it seemed to burn more oil, so I went back to the Valvoline VR1 Racing dino oil.

This time I only saw oil in the drain pan. I finally seemed to get all of the broken bearing cage parts out of the sump!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I bought the zip liner and then Radioman moved away before he helped me put it in. Now what do I do???
    I removed mine and had it fixed a few years ago, they replaced the zip-liner on the existing material.

I noticed I'm robbed from all my posts, back to 8 posts (newbie )

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    When you send the car down for an engine rebuild, I'll take care of the boot cover. Easy job for you guys to handle, if you choose to...
    Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
    "The Fluent in Ferrari Guys" celebrating 37 years of service excellence
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    www.fluentinferrari.com

I brought my heads and block to machinists to have them give me grocery list... that was a few months ago and I'm still waiting (I called them again today, and they promised by the end of this week). One of them is a 308 owner himself, so hopefully it will be worth the wait. In the meantime, I've got lots to do, but the garage has been cold, there have been too many personal things going on. I'll be begging for help soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I noticed I'm robbed from all my posts, back to 8 posts (newbie )
    Huh, that's wierd. Well, not like we really care around here what your 'label' is...
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast