Thread: New Magnum PI

Default New Magnum PI

So - I watched the first episode... can't say that I feel strongly either way about it. It was very "meh" overall...

Thoughts -

1. The old Magnum wasn't a "tough guy" - and actually was a little bit of a buffoon... the new guy is too polished
    2. The new Rick isn't whiny enough...
    3. How many Ferraris are they going to smash?
    4. It's a little too "slick" for its own good
    5. I don't recall sexual tension between Magnum and Higgins in the old show...
    History always repeats itself,... that's one of the things that's wrong with history.

What new Magnum PI? There is no new show. You are clearly confused. (Sticks fingers in ears)
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

And a small point of contention, the real Magnum was an incredibly tough guy. He just wasn't a swaggering asshole. He was also a deeply troubled character, who hid his pain with his buffoonery.
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Agreed!
    History always repeats itself,... that's one of the things that's wrong with history.

watch the show, it not to bad, pity we will not see the 308 anymore unless they surprise us, the new guy appears around 5'9 so at least he fits in the car unlike Seleck,

the show is for younger audiences so we should not whine to much, lucky we got to see the 308 in the first episode...

I've watched the first 3 episodes now... and, this show stinks.

it does but atleast I get to see some new Ferrari's I watch it for the cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I've watched the first 3 episodes now... and, this show stinks.
    download.jpg
    ― George Orwell, 1984