Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new Magnum PI Series

My inspection guy still allows zip ties. When I asked him about the new state requirements he said, "F$#& them. The law says attached. That's attached."
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

My guy says the plate has to be straight, so no way to do it on the Ferrari with zip ties. My inspection is due on July. I went to the hardware store and bought two brass scissor hinges (1" x6"). I spread them apart so they will fit over and under the one of the slats of the egg crates. I'll put some rubber padding on the slat first. I will tighten them with a zip tie. I bent the end 90 degrees and soldered a nut on the back. Now I can mount the plate with a screw, come home and then take them off. Looks secure and everything will be straight. Total cost $10.

My 360 has a tow hook port. Bought a bracket designed to mount in the tow hook port. Attach for sticker. Keep in bonnet if cop wants to see a front plate attached. Never been stopped for no front plate with the 355 or 360.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12