Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maserati Gransport

Default Maserati Gransport

Hi Guys, want to ask about the Gransport 2005-2007

any owners here of this car?, I've seen a few lately, blue in particular, I had a chance to drive a Spyder about 5 years ago but I'm more interested in the standard Gransport (Coupe)

they are quite fast as standard with a 4.2L V8,

I'd recon Ferrari 360 like in performance, they are not priced to bad at the moment even the ones with lower miles.

Want to find out a bit more about them, running cost etc.

regards
    Wolf

Tried the early model drop top and the body flex was horrible. Still, i put a deposit down on the tintop coupe because it was sooo beautiful! Then bailed on my order for the 308 Euro spec. Personally, the interior of the early model Maserati is my fave visually. There's some good info at

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/c...ran-sport.html

Wish i knew more, looks to be a great car provided service costs don't get.........
    Enjoy the Drive,
    Steven

2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+ & Mich PS4S.

Hello Wolfman - I currently own a 2003 Maserati CambioCorsa Coupe – not a GranSport but close enough - previously had a 1977 308 GTB that I enjoyed for 10 years.

Here’s two Maserati Forums:
    http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/coupe-spyder-gs/
    (US and Canada)
    http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/forum.php
    (United Kingdom)

Your questions can usually be answered by the members – small group of knowledgeable people – FerrariChat also has a forum but it’s for the decades old cars for the most part.

First, unless you are a DIY guy, you would ideally need a competent independent or a dealer. Unfortunately most dealers only service 2012? and newer cars. At least that’s what it’s like here.

The Maseratis have all of the usual Italian engineering traits, quirks and expense of a Ferrari and most routine maintenance costs are about the same. The cars are at bargain prices but maintenance costs for a “stories” car can quickly far exceed the purchase price.

The engine is a modified F430 dry sump engine with chain drive versus rubber belt. That and the beautiful interiors are e best points of the car. ( on the Gransport they have an option for leather seats with a cloth inserts – avoid them – cloth material deteriorates quickly and is no longer available – find one with full leather seats.)

Common problems:
    Heater Core failure
    Electrical Gremlins
    Poor sound system
    Useless Navigation system
    F1 Transmissions do require skilled techs using the right settings and parameters

Spyders – Add to Wingman’s cowl shake – power top problems.

Great cars if you find the right one!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wingman, here by us the Gransport only comes in a coupe, there are older Spider versions but I'm not interested in that, thanks for the link.

Thanks Richman

'Yes I know a few guys which can service them and perform some work like on the electricals and clutch.

The Gransport has a destinctive look - reminds me of something older in a new format "classic sports car like from the 80's / 90's, can't put my finger on it though, it just looks so nice !

I'm looking at low miliege "original " car, yes the F136A engine is Ferrari based, similar to F430 with the timing chains configuration,

I only asked here since I was almost sure someone will owe some Masers or have done so in the past.

thank alot for the inputs!

You may be able to find a lower cost one in the Arab countries - These are "Gulf Spec" cars - Not legal for US import but you might be able to import one and register it legally.

Richman, not so sure about that?

they are around $45 to $50k US$ - with the current exchange rate, very good ones, 1 to 2 owner cars, 30k-miles

what do you think? reasonable price ?

regards
    Wolf
    Last edited by Wolfman; 02-12-2018 at 04:05 PM.

GranSports in the US are more likely to be in the $30-$40K for a 30K miles car. As far as the Gulf Spec cars go it would be well worth your while to check with your MOT, DOT folks in your country to see if they can be legally imported - great buys pop up all the time.

Wolfman, have you considered a Jeep?
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Badman View Post
    Wolfman, have you considered a Jeep?
    Why yes! That was me passing you on the outside of 6.

LOL!
    Birdman308 for parts and tutorials!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast