Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New F1 Relay Available

Default New F1 Relay Available

For cars with F1 Transmission:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/c...-relay-f1.html

Interested.

Thanks Fireman - much more info!

I'd be slightly concerned as to why they chose to replace the EMR with an SSR. They claim you no longer have to worry about the EMR fusing shut. But that is actually a less common failure mode on EMRs, while shorting is actually the most common failure mode on an SSR. In other words, they fixed an unlikely issue with a solution that may make it more likely. I'd also be much more concerned with EMI and RF noise using an SSR. The key advantages of an SSR, namely faster switching time and lower power use, don't seem to be of any particular advantage in this situation.

The "smart" aspect is interesting, but I'd need to know a lot more about their code before I trusted it as useful rather than simply added complexity.
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Thanks Badman - lucky to have tech resources here! I guess the only option here is to wait and see?

Yeah, I don't want to dump on the product too much without any direct knowledge of it. I just have questions. I'd suggest wait and see is a good approach.
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Thank you Badman - The new relay seems like smoke and mirrors after reading your explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Badman View Post
    I'd be slightly concerned as to why they chose to replace the EMR with an SSR.
    I had the same concerns, seems like a commonly available EMR on a harness similar to the one they made up should do the job.
    When it's NLA, Who do you call? Unobtainium Supply Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    I had the same concerns, seems like a commonly available EMR on a harness similar to the one they made up should do the job.
    Yup, or simply use a better EMR without any of the other added hoohaw and call it a day.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Badman - Do you have F1 in the 355?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast