Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The New Corvette C8

Birdman, maybe not. I have talked to many loyal Corvette owners. They are excited about the new C8 but feel the classic Corvette front engine design defines the car. Similar to Porsche 911 owners. Porsche said they were phasing out the 911 years ago. The 928/944/968 were going to be the future. Porsche was close to bankruptcy! Re-Focused on the 911 and Porsche returned stronger than ever. Now offer multiple vehicle types, 911, Cayman, Boxster etc.
    I hoped Chevy would do the same. Offer the C8 with an updated C7 as well. Phase out the C7 if sales don't support the model.
    Personally I like the styling. Based on the C7 reviews and the cars I have seen and ridden in, the quality has improved dramatically as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I'm actually tempted to go down to a Chevy dealer and order one to be honest. Given the people in line before me, I wouldn't likely see one for 2 years anyway. I can hear the value of the C7 taking a nose dive already. In about 6 months, used C7s are going to be cheap as dirt.
    I'm thinking about going to MacMulkin in Nashua and buying a C7 Grand Sport, (they are already knocking 12K off without batting an eye). Then give this a year to get the bugs worked out, and buy one. I'm a fan! The exterior proportions are right and bang for buck is hard to beat. a C8 and a F430 spider would make a complimentary pair in the garage.
    Why yes! That was me passing you on the outside of 6.

Hey Frenchman, yeah I hear you. There are going to be a fair number of old farts saying the "the horse pulls the cart" and all that. But they are trying to reach a younger audience. There are tons and tons of C7s sitting on lots across America waiting on old farts. Nobody is buying them. The dealers have been ordering them like crazy to keep their allocations for C8s. There is a sea of them at MacMulkin in NH as Scott said. I don't think they are going to hold value. I think a year into C8 production I will be able to replace my Z4 with a nice C7 for under $30K. That will happen because you will be able to buy deeply discounted base C7s for Mid $40s.

By the way, I still think the C7 is a fabulous looking, amazing awesome car and I plan to have one.

But the C8 is another whole order of magnitude. Huge game changer in this price point for sports cars. There isn't one other car in that price range that will touch the performance or exotic feel of the C8, and we're talking about the base model.

Birdman
    Birdman308 for parts and tutorials!

Birdman you are probably right. Porsche is a different animal with a very different buyer.
    I agree with you regarding the C7 as a fabulous sports car!
    Be interesting to see how the market reacts to the C8!

MacMulkin is getting a C8 for the public to see on Aug 7th. You can go to their website and make an appointment to see it. Scott and I made reservations...we want to see it in person.
    Birdman308 for parts and tutorials!

Will be interested in your impressions. Pictures if they let you.
    With production of over 40k a year, doubt it will be long before I see multiple C8s each day! See C7s everywhere. Still a pretty car!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    Will be interested in your impressions. Pictures if they let you.
    With production of over 40k a year, doubt it will be long before I see multiple C8s each day! See C7s everywhere. Still a pretty car!
    Its funny, I see a handful of stingrays running around on a consistent basis. However, I rarely see any wide body cars. An occasional GS or Z06. I've only seen 1 new ZR1 in the wild. (several at the dealership) When the C8 hits, its going to be interesting.
    Why yes! That was me passing you on the outside of 6.

same here. Stingrays in a variety of colors. Saw a beautiful C7 in Ruby Red! Occasional GS and Z06 as you said. Have not seen a ZR1 on the road!
    Amazing what the C1, C2 and early C3s are pulling at auction!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910