Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Corvette C8

Detroit Auto show starts next week. Hoping for a C8 update. According to this site, Chevy is going to announce the C8 at this year's show!
    Last edited by Birdman; 01-08-2018 at 12:34 PM. Reason: new info!
    Birdman308 for parts and tutorials!

Auto show starts tomorrow. Hoping for a C8 announcement. Meanwhile, Hagarty has a picture they claim is accurate. Unfortunately, they say it will not be announced until next year's auto show. Maybe we will see a show car version this year. I still have hopes up.

Well, no C8 announcement. I'm bummed!

I guess I'm the only Corvette guy here, but the secret of the C8 is out pretty well now. Other than a funky disguise paint job, they have pretty much given up trying to keep the spy cams away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyV8K7Vrp7k

The mid-engine Vette is real...and it's coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I guess I'm the only Corvette guy here
    That's a big leap! I LOVE vettes! However, I'm a C1 fan (double headlight)...
    History always repeats itself,... that's one of the things that's wrong with history.

I have been reading about the new Corvette and seeing some teaser pictures. I happen to like the 62-63 Stingray style. I have noticed that many Corvette guys are apprehensive about this new model being mid engine. For many of these guys, its a deal breaker because they want it to stay traditional (front engine, pushrod engine). Some of them commented that its going to be like a Ferrari.

Certainly, the Corvette has really evolved over the last model and the next model will be even a further evolution. I think that once the new model comes out, the C7 may not depreciate as much because many of the traditionalists will want the front engine models. I also think the new C8 will start to get expensive. About 5 years ago and earlier, Corvettes were really a bargain for what you got.

Agree! C1 and C2 are the most desirable models. Early C3 still appear to appreciate. Mid to late C3s can be bought for cheap money(Low water mark).

I thought GM was going to offer the C8 mid-engine and still build front engine as well. Probably cost prohibitive.

Corvette offers a lot of car for the money! Interesting to see what C7s do Fireman!

Yeah, it's a good point. The typical Corvette buyer is old and retired. Maybe the C8 actually causes the value of used C7s to go up. But I doubt it.

Not so sure Birdman. I see a lot of 30s to mid 50s driving the C6/C7 Vettes. Corvette market has shifted younger, I think!

That's good. It sure is hard to find them used with a manual. Seems like all the old farts want an automatic. The rumor on the C8 is that it will not be available with a manual, which may actually cause a shift in desire for C7s with a manual.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast