Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted 308GTB

This guy wants too much based on what the car needs, but a '77 GTB is about the best 308 money can buy! Not that I'm biased. I would give him a ring and talk about the price a little.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Ferrari...-/331551379959
    Birdman308 for parts and tutorials!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    This guy wants too much based on what the car needs
    I dunno, with Hagerty saying $59K for condition 4 cars, $52K doesn't sound too far out of line.

I saw a guy on Craigslist looking for any year 308 for $30K yesterday. "Good condition, documented history, no stories. If you're not going to be reasonable on price, don't bother replying." If he thinks $30K right now is reasonable, why do I think his inbox isn't going to be filling up with responses?
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Badman View Post
    I dunno, with Hagerty saying $59K for condition 4 cars, $52K doesn't sound too far out of line.
    Yeah, I guess I have to get my head around the new prices for these things. At the same time though, the car is not running at all...so who knows what's wrong with it.

I called American Collector's Insurance and requested $70K on mine. They sent an email asking for pictures. Man is my engine dirty! But the rest of the car is clean!

At the same time though, the car is not running at all...so who knows what's wrong with it.
    I didn't see that in the description. I just saw that it needed $8-$9K to get it "on the road". I guess he is a little vague about whether it runs or not. Either way, I think he'd probably be better off spending the money to fix it and then selling.
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

I read between the lines. The guy says it needs the better part of $10K to get it "on the road" with no description whatsoever of how it runs or indeed if it runs and so I think we can deduce it doesn't run. Based on that...even a condition 4 car to Hagerty will run. I agree....he would be much better off to spend the money and sell it running and ready to drive. Which he probably would...if he didn't know something we don't.

Hence....I say it's overpriced!

Just watched a 87 328 sell on "What's my Car worth" for 56k...
    History always repeats itself,... that's one of the things that's wrong with history.

Finally, the market showing that the 308 is superior to that 328 thing. (Just trying to get Jay going.....)

Birdman, Love the 328 but I prefer the 308, Euro in particular. Both exterior and interior are more classic designs. 328 is a better faster Ferrari as we would expect as the V8 line evolves over the years!

...The guy says it needs the better part of $10K to get it "on the road"
    With rare exception, most of these older "queens" need at least $10K in repairs. Getting them running and getting them safe are two different stories.
    Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
    "The Fluent in Ferrari Guys" celebrating 37 years of service excellence
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    www.fluentinferrari.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    Love the 328 but I prefer the 308, Euro in particular. Both exterior and interior are more classic designs.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    328 is a better faster Ferrari
    Faster yes. Better? You just said you prefer the Euro 308.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast