Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The F355

Finished putting the 355 back together last night. New Exhaust thermocouple ECU, exhaust clamp, Capristo Bypass Valve vacuum bellows, new silicon hose. Cleaned both O2 sensor connections.
    Test drive this evening. No CEL. No SDL. No codes.
    We shall see!

Yay!
    Birdman308 for parts and tutorials!

Thanks Birdman. All this electronic BS, Good for performance and environment, but complicated and prone to failure has me thinking of an early Euro 308 carb Ferrari. Need to buy soon before prices really take off!
    I do love the 355, would like to own both but not in the cards unfortunately!

Motronic inherently is quite reliable. However, the implementation on the F355 is comical, particularity with the main harness routing to the ECU. What could they possibly be thinking with that half-ass arraignment. Then, lets throw in high engine compartment temperatures...Reading codes and data streams is always an adventure. The codes say one thing; "look here", but the live often data tells another (the real) story. It's a great car for a diagnostician with a few engineering degrees, who just might be ASE trained and blessed by Bosch.
    Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
    "The Fluent in Ferrari Guys" celebrating 37 years of service excellence
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    www.fluentinferrari.com

The CE light/OBD2 port is such a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it helps you identify and diagnose issues. On the other hand, the goddamn thing will cause you to fail inspection, so it creates problems too.

I have a love/hate relationship with the system on my beemer. I can't deny that it only comes on when there actually is a problem, and eventually I figure out the issue. But the issue is usually minor and fixing it is annoying and makes absolutely no difference in how the car runs!

I kinda like the 308! None of this crap. Carbs! No emissions crap at all! But I do have to change my stinky shirt after a long drive!

No question the 355 is a beautiful car though.

I was looking at pictures of the new C7 Vette this morning (after reading the glowing reviews of it in the new magazines), thinking...man, for $60K brand new, you sure do get one hell of a lot of mean-ass car. It's pretty hard to make an argument for a used 360 (with associated maintenance costs) given that choice. Almost 500 HP of push-rod V8 with no timing belts and 29 MPG on the highway.

Birdman, the new C7 Z06 is an astounding sports car! Talk about bang for the buck!

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-z06-supercar.html

Too bad that none of the "bang for the buck" went into the styling department...
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    www.fluentinferrari.com

New C7 looks good in dark colors, black, titanium etc. I have seen several white and yellow C7s, not appealing to me.
    Huge improvement over the C4,C5,C6 design and style models IMHO.

Back on topic. On a roll. Fixed my nonfunctional radio last night.

Need to schedule a visit to the Radioman clinic for an SD2 diagnostic session before the snow arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    Need to schedule a visit to the Radioman clinic for an SD2 diagnostic session before the snow arrives!
    Let me see what I can do.
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    www.fluentinferrari.com

Quote Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
    Too bad that none of the "bang for the buck" went into the styling department...
    I don't know, it's a lot prettier than quite a few Ferraris in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12