Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Triumphs

Looks like a fun project! What are you plans?

Nice addition. I always loved the look the GT6.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman View Post
    Looks like a fun project! What are you plans?
    Full nuts and bolts restoration. The boy and I are going to start pulling the interior tonight. Engine and gearbox should be out this week, then I'll pull everything off the body, separate it from the frame, pull everything off the frame, and send them both to be soda blasted, rust repaired, and repainted to the original Pimento red. Hopefully I can schedule it so the frame comes back first, and I can start building everything back up on it before the body shows back up. In a parallel course I'll send the transmission down to Quantum Mechanics in CT to get a once over (and maybe the diff as well), and I'll strip down the engine and get it off to the machine shop.... plus the ton of other systems and details along the way.
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Wow, sounds like a great project for you and the boy!
    History always repeats itself,... that's one of the things that's wrong with history.

That sounds fun! Quantum worked on the OD for my MGB. Great work- as you know.
    Enjoy it- and please post updates for us!

I'm starting to itch for a new project...

Sounds like a great project, especially doing it with your son.

What's going on with the GT 6?

It's in body shop limbo up at Dan's, waiting for its turn. As for the mechanicals, I've got the gearbox and diff rebuilt, and all the main suspension bits redone. The rear hubs are mostly rebuilt and brake parts assembled. Next up I was going to work on the cooling and cabin heat systems.

I'm waiting on the engine rebuild until the body is closer to finished, so I don't have the fresh engine just sitting around for a long time.
    I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Sounds like you are making good progress. If you ever need an extra hand, just give a call.

Thanks Fireman!
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567